Sunplex Consultants Limited was formed by Mr. Edwin Cheung in mid 1999. The Company's mission is to provide quality MPF-related products and services to the market.
Since its formation, the Company has undertaken the following MPF projects:
- Steered a Systems Task Force to define the MPF requirements for a retirement scheme administration system
- Developed an S.39 internal controls document
- Performed quality reviews on scheme administration and accounting procedures manuals
- Developed business continuity plans in support of MPF operations
- Developed IT security policies
- Developed internal audit and compliance programs
- Recruited an internal audit manager
- Conducted training on MPF-related issues
Edwin is an ACA and a CPA. Before he started Sunplex Consultants Limited in mid 1999, he was one of the audit partners of PricewaterhouseCoopers (PWC). He used to lead PWC's retirement schemes audit and IT audit practices. He has over 20 years of accounting, auditing, information auditing and information consulting. Clients of its occupational retirement plans include HSBC Life Insurance, American International Assurance, Bermuda Trust (Far East) Co., Ltd., National Health Insurance (now AXA), Jardine Matheson (now CMG), East Asia Antai Insurance, Jiayi Life Insurance Company Limited and Prudential Insurance.
He served on a Panel of Specialists to advise the HKSAR Government on the drafting of MPF subsidiary legislation